Thursday, March 11, 2010

something Unusual

In those days I was living in hostel in Khi, doing my Intermediate.

I used to visit my friends whenever I get a weekend leave.
my leave used to be from Friday after noon till Sunday evening.
I used to spend all this time with my best childhood friend.
our favorite sitting place was the railway platform near our home.
we would sit there for hours.
we discuss everything
from John keats to Sa'aadat Hassan munto, and from politics to religion, all the new things that were taking place
those were amazing times
we were carefree
but still there was some restlessness
there was some empty space in me
there was something that I was lacking
I tried to figure what this thing is ?
what that thing could be ?

That big question mark started hurting me.
irritation and pain got unbearable

I started looking for a refuge
one day when I was returning to my hostel after sports time in evening
It was the time for Maghrib prayers
A friend of mine said: ابے کافر کبھی تو بھی نماز پڑھ لیا کر

for a moment I laughed and then I decided
lets try.
I felt very light and easy after prayers
then after dinner i went for Isha and on and on.....................

It was a good experience that i was having
and I didn't notice in those days that, that Question mark had gone
I was feeling satisfied and content.


I used to think about running away from all this.
But I never realised that i can not
The fate/destiny will not let me.............
I was unaware if HIS power.
But I tried a lot

جن کے پیروں میں بھنور بندھے ھوں وہ کہاں بھاگ سکتے ھیں۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔

No comments:

Post a Comment