Saturday, March 20, 2010

Selfless or Senseless

Children are Selfless

Children are silly.

very common comments.

I was selfless and was of course silly.
In third grade.
It was the result announcement ceremony
A friend of mine who later became my best friend, got first position
as soon as this was announced, I felt happy and began clapping with joy
I didn't even feel that hes the one who stood first not me

In those exams I got good percentage but didn't get any position.
but I was still happy
perhaps then I didn't know what jealousy is
yes I did know competition but not jealousy or hatred
normally children are born without this gift
they get it from parents and surroundings.

that evening I told my mom: Mom do u know that my friend got first position I am so happy
she got flared up and said: shame on you. Why didn't you get that position?

I stood silent for a moment.
Trying to figure out that did i really make a mistake or is Mom wrong?
But I had always been told that Parents are never wrong only children are wrong.
So I got it that I was wrong

That was my first lesson of the course called "Hypocrisy"
I learned it.
learned it by heart.


But I still don't know that whether it was "selflessness" or "senselessness"
I still don't know......................

No comments:

Post a Comment